Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
HR Records AdministratorApply Now Job ID 145286 Date posted 10/25/2017
Under the daily oversight of the Supervisor, Records Administration, the HR Records Administrator performs timely and accurate data entry of all human resources data changes for the Lahey Health System. This position is responsible for maintenance of accurate colleague paper files for Lahey Hospital & Medical Center (LHMC), for the transfer of these files to and from Lahey Clinic North (LCN) and Community Group Practices (CGP) sites and to and from the offsite storage facility. In addition, this position monitors the Employment Verification line for the Lahey Health System and responds to callers within 48 hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs timely and accurate data entry of all human resources data changes following applicable Clinic and HR department policies to include but not limited to: employment status changes, employee new hires, employee terminations, employee salary rate changes, employment transfers and employee demographic changes. Produces and distributes job action forms (JAFs) to managers providing the latest information on rates, depts. hours, etc. when requested Run weekly reports such as the Dept. of Revenue or the bi-weekly Colleague Retro report as department workflow demands require.
2) Maintains employee files (both active and terminated) ensuring accurate and timely filing of colleague paperwork for LHMC. Performs scanning and indexing of HR Documents such as I-9?s or other forms maintained in HR files to create an electronic HR record in ECMS. Updates colleague records when name changes occur by changing file labels and entering information in ECMS. Self-audits files to ensure that all files are accounted for and communicates with HR Staff to reduce/resolve the ?missing? file list.
3) Performs termination processing for colleague files. Manages the number of files stored onsite by annually purging terminated files and cataloging the files sent off site in such a manner that they can easily be retrieved when required. Acts as liaison between colleague files and the offsite storage administrators. Maintain department inventory records of boxes and contents of boxes sent to offsite storage facility by all members of the department.
4) Provides primary coverage for Employment Verification Line ensuring that all calls are returned within 48 hours. Responds to written verifications for colleagues who are seeking credit, housing and other loan approvals. Responds to requests from Medicare Office for verbal confirmation of physician's employment and from the Massachusetts Department of Employment and Training regarding recent terminations. Responds to written request for mortgage verifications through online research of earnings for a 3-year period.
5) Responds to requests for copies of personnel files according to HR Department procedures, Lahey policy and Massachusetts Law. Ensures that subpoena requested files and documents are provided in a timely manner in accordance with Lahey Health policy and Massachusetts law. Processes requests for files stored offsite by requesting delivery and making copies of the requested materials when they arrive. Informs Legal Dept. of such requests when appropriate and act on the instructions provided by Lahey?s legal counsel.
6) Provides ongoing support to the Benefits team by processing tuition reimbursement requests which have been approved by the Tuition Program Administrator and creates reports for payment processing. Audits input received from Tuition Administrator and returns questionable submissions for correction (i.e., missing grades, excessive $ amount). Once requests have been data entered and verified, creates and distributes reports to Payroll and to the Tuition Administrator.
7) Organizes, validates and coordinates completed Performance Appraisal forms for all bi-weekly colleagues verifying that required signatures are present and confirming that data entry has been completed accurately by managers and in accordance with the rating on the printed form. Executes queries and reports to audit compliance and to report delinquent performance appraisals to managers and executives.
8) Performs other duties as assigned, or directed, to ensure the smooth operation of the department. Oversees the work of temporary staff and volunteers as utilized in the Workforce Administration area.
9) Complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, the policies and procedures of Lahey Health and the standards of any relevant accrediting organizations; participates actively in and abides by the requirements and adheres to the standards of Lahey Health?s compliance program.
10) Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associates degree or equivalent work experience
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Experience: Two years administrative work experience and electronic record entry in a Human Resources environment
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Typing or word processing/PC skills preferably Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, Access and Outlook (email and calendar) and Internet Skills.
Knowledge of Oracle PeopleSoft Manage Hire process.
Communications skills, oral and written, necessary to interact with all organizational levels.
Ability to work in an environment requiring strict confidentiality.
Demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.