Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Financial Analyst Managed CareApply Now Job ID 144703 Date posted 12/05/2017
The Financial Analyst reports directly to the Manager of Managed Care Finance. This position provides key support and analyses related to financial aspects of Lahey Hospital & Medical Centers Managed Care Contracts and relationships. It requires in-depth business knowledge with specialized technical and analytical skills. The analyst works closely with the Contracting, Revenue Finance and Accounting Departments within Lahey, as well as externally with the Contracting & Provider Relations staff of the Managed Care Plans.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs analyses and reporting in support of managed care contract financial terms
2) Monitors and manages cash flows related to managed care contracts
3) Performs accounting functions and provides reporting related to cash flows
4) Maintains fee schedule database, both Professional and Outpatient Technical
5) Plays key role in developing and maintaining contract profiles containing comparative information on each contracts financial terms and key provisions
6) Performs ad hoc financial analyses of managed care contracts
7) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
8) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
9) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
10) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
11) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
12) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
13) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
14) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
15) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor's degree preferably in Health Care Management, Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or equivalent education or experience
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Not applicable
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
1. Excellent analytic, verbal and written communication skills
2. Self-motivated and dynamic individual with the ability to think creatively and work independently
3. Ability to manage multiple priorities
4. In depth knowledge of Hospital and Professional provider payment methodologies
5. Ability to summarize and present results of analyses clearly and concisely to management
6. Proficient with MS Office applications, particularly Excel and Access
In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
1. 1-3 years of experience working for a health plan or health provider
2. Working knowledge of financial terms of managed care contracts
3. Working knowledge of managed care reimbursement methodologies
4. Worked with large medical claims databases (both professional and technical)
5. Experience with integrated billing systems (EPIC) or other billing systems such as Meditech or IDX
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.