Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
EHR Applications Analyst IIApply Now Job ID 144656 Date posted 09/06/2017
Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems including ongoing production maintenance and trouble-shooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of assigned applications/systems. Leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution in relation to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for ongoing maintenance/support and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
2) Defines, documents, builds and maintains EHR application content
3) Creates functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application and is primarily responsible for validating this content with the business owner
4) Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing
5) Facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested
6) Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate
7) Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential
8) Provides end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out
9) Addresses post-go-live issues and requests and prioritizes work assignments
10) Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
11) Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates. Proactively manages barriers to fulfilling work requirements
12) Participates in workflow design and understands system impact to end users
13) Prepares demo materials for workflow discussions or new system functionality
14) Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements
15) Provides on-call/after-hours support.
16) Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards
17) Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
18) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
19) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
20) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
21) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
22) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
23) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
24) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
25) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
26) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelors Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelors degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None Required
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task
- Self-starter and motivator
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues. Ability to understand and document business processes
- Creative approach to process redesign
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; specifically Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of HL7 coding standards
- Knowledge of process redesign
1) One (1) year of experience implementing, designing, and / or managing a variety of Electronic Health Record and clinical systems using multiple software programs and network applications
2) Experience working in a clinical setting.
3) Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.