Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
ECMS Applications Engineer IIIApply Now Job ID 142359 Date posted 06/02/2017
Position Summary: The colleague is responsible for ensuring the operational integrity and optimum service levels of several enterprise-level content management applications under project-oriented supervision of the department manager or senior-level team member. The colleague will participate with all team members and a variety of IS technical resources to ensure 24/7 operations and business continuity. The colleague will be a key contributor in the implementation of new or expanded content system uses in addition to the support of system and application upgrades.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Performs application administration activities for a variety of document/image capture, content management, content archiving applications and their supporting systems to ensure optimum use within the organization. Troubleshoots operational and technical issues through an understanding of interdependencies, internal architectures, integration points, and application interfaces.
2) Participates in system and application upgrades for maintaining current version levels including preparation of change control documentation and participation in change control committee meetings.
3) Assists with the review of functional specification and the preparation of technical specifications to support project implementations. Would typically be responsible for implementing portions of the technical requirements.
4) Monitors and measures application usage, performance, and reliability levels to ensure optimum use by the organization. Applies technical skills and knowledge to proactively advocate, define, and implement performance and reliability improvements.
5) Prepares and maintains technical configuration, operations, and policy documentation.
6) Participates in unit-level functional testing exercises. Supports the development and execution of integrated functional and user acceptance test plans.
7) Maintains cooperative and respected relationships with supporting IT operational and applications groups to ensure optimum system, network, and storage infrastructure service levels. Confirms defined specifications for delivered platforms through coordination and execution of validation tests and acceptance procedures.
8) Communicates with multiple product vendors to facilitate technical support events and coordinate product compliance, version upgrade, and technical bulletin information.
9) Ensures that the IS Support Center receives the necessary training and support to ensure users are assisted with application issues or concerns.
10) May assume higher level duties for self-learning in preparation for increased responsibilities. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Manager or Sr. team member.
11) Participates in rotating on-call technical support coverage.
12) Maintains strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
13) Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
21) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s degree in Computer Science or equivalent Information Technology experience required.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: N/A
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Skilled in the principles and practices associated with managing enterprise applications and systems in a high-availability operational environment. Knowledge of operating concepts associated with client/server, web-based, and service-oriented applications. Skilled with performance monitoring, issue investigation and problem resolution with knowledge of backup, recovery and disaster recovery procedures., change management, and security administration is very desirable. Skills or knowledge with workflow-oriented and/or content management systems is desirable. Must be detail-oriented, have a professional demeanor, proven analysis and problem-solving abilities, excellent interpersonal and writing skills, on-call skills, and the ability to work with those having wide-ranging levels of expertise.
Experience: Three to five years proven experience in an IT applications organization providing installation, configuration, administration, and management of enterprise applications in two or more of the following operating environments: Windows Server; SQL Server; IIS; Apache; Tomcat; Oracle; Linux; G Suite. Direct experience with Documentum, Captiva, Information Archive or OpenText products are highly desirable, though not required.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.