Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Dosimetrist, WinchesterApply Now Job ID 143721 Date posted 09/01/2017
Under the general supervision of the Director of Radiation Therapy Physics, performs duties involved with treatment planning, customized treatment aids and devices, brachytherapy treatments, quality assurance, and minor equipment / machine maintenance. Takes patient measurements and contours, utilizes computers to perform calculations and generate treatment plans. Performs extensive mathematical calculations. Responsible for maintaining supplies related to duties.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Assists therapists with patient simulations and patient immobilization under the direction of the radiation oncologist and radiation physicist to ensure that radiation treatment set-ups are accurate and reproducible.
- Participates in brachytherapy LDR program: source preparation, OR presence, dosimetry, post procedure follow-up plan.
- Develops computerized treatment plans and calculates doses for conformal, IMRT, stereotactic and forward planned patients.
- Develops brachytherapy planning for all HDR procedures as ordered by the physician per department guidelines.
- Casts low-melt alloy blocks and assembles customized absorbers or other treatment aids as required to implement the treatment plan.
- Has knowledge of tissue tolerances and dosing guidelines per standard guidelines for the department and physician.
- Knowledge of record and verify system and able to utilize the system for supporting documentation of dosimetry planning, scheduling, patient alerts and charge capture
- Has ability to import and associate all treatment plans and treatment fields to appropriate diagnosis and prescription in patient record and verify system for treatment delivery
- Communicates necessary information concerning patient set-up, treatment plan, and treatment to physicians and therapists.
- Generates patient charges for services rendered to the patient.
- Maintains supplies used in treatment planning, block cutting and related activities for routine operation of the section.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an approved school of dosimetry preferred. Equivalent education and experience with licensure as a radiation therapist or radiology technologist will be considered in lieu of formal dosimetrist training.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Certified Medical Dosimetrist or pursuing same. Certification expected within three years of employment.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Requires oral and written skills to properly document parameters and provide instructions to therapist staff concerning the proper implementation of the treatment plan. Requires mathematical skills including basic addition, subtraction, multiplication and division in addition to familiarity with angles and exponential functions. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Five years of FTE clinical experience preferred. Experience received during training may be used to help satisfy this requirement. Related training and experience will be considered. Will consider new grads of an accredited school of dosimetry.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.