Search Our Jobs
As a physician-led, nonprofit group practice, Lahey Clinic is known for introducing innovative technologies and pioneering medical treatments. A teaching affiliate of Tufts University School of Medicine, Lahey offers rich opportunities for physicians drawn to academic medicine.
CRNAApply Now Job ID 130819 Date posted 11/13/2014
1) Preoperative Patient Care Assessment: Performs a thorough and complete pre-anesthesia assessment covering health history, chart review including prior anesthesia records and preop testing data, and physical assessment. Recommends or requests additional tests or consultations pertinent to individual case. Verifies that informed consent has been obtained by a qualified provider. Teaches or explains to the patient or legal guardian in understandable language the anesthesia that will be used.
2) Patient Care Planning: Formulates a patient specific plan for anesthesia care for pre-, intra- and post-operative periods by developing an anesthesia plan in concert with the attending anesthesiologist that is based on a comprehensive patient assessment, problem analysis, anticipate diagnostic, therapeutic or surgical procedure, patient and surgeon preferences and needs and current anesthesia principles. Evaluates and revises the care plan as necessary based on patient?s status and physiological responses.
3) Care Plan Implementation: Implements care plan conforming to anesthesia care team standards of practice by obtaining, preparing and checking all equipment, monitors, supplies and medications used for administering anesthesia. Orders safety checks as needed per established standards such as ASA Standards. Selects and administers appropriate preoperative medications. Implements monitoring modalities appropriate for type of anesthesia, patient needs and data interpretation. Participates as appropriate with anesthesiologist during induction and maintains anesthesia at required levels. Continuously assess patient response to anesthetic and surgical intervention. Intervenes as required to maintain physiologic stability. Recognizes abnormal patient response to anesthesia, takes corrective action or requests consultations if necessary. May assist or supervise positioning patient to prevent injury.
4) Documentation (Management of information): Documents all anesthesia interventions and patient responses. Thoroughly and accurately completes anesthesia record, including quality assurance indicators. Transfers responsibility for care of patient to other qualified that assures continuity of patient care and safety. Ensures that essential information is accurately reported to provider assuming responsibility for the patient.
5) Maintains strict adherence to Lahey Clinic Confidentiality policy.
6) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
7) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
8) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
9) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
10) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
11) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
12) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
13) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
14) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
DAYS, 40 hours
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.