Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Clinician, Emergency Psychiatric ServicesApply Now Job ID 142399 Date posted 03/21/2017
Assumes responsibility for Emergency Psychiatric Services patients. Provides short-term, intensive, intervention and psychiatric assessment to individuals and families in crisis. Assists in the development and implementation of treatment and disposition plans for all observation admissions. Collaborates with other clinical staff and community providers to ensure that safe and therapeutic treatment is provided for all patients.
Essential Functions/Key Responsibilities:
1. Support the hospital in such a manner that there is a strong and positive commitment to quality patient care.
2. Triage all patients who arrive to appropriate treatment interventions, including referrals to inpatient, partial and/or outpatient treatment.
3. Attend clinical meetings that will have a positive impact on patient care and all appropriate administrative meetings that support the mission of the hospital.
4. Participate in any ongoing quality improvement studies that will have positive patient care outcomes.
5. Coordinate and organize Emergency Psychiatric care activities.
6. Develop, implement and evaluate treatment plans, making appropriate changes as needed.
7. Utilize and provide supervision in a positive and thoughtful manner to enhance professional improvement and development.
8. Maintain a clear understanding of hospital policies and protocols, practices within those policies and protocols, and enforces such when appropriate.
9. Support and implement administrative decisions.
10. Maintain solid understanding of and follow regulatory agencies? expectations and DPH, JCAHO, payors, etc.).
11. Screen referrals to verify third party benefit availability and initial approval requirements.
12. Consistently promote professional working relationships between the hospital, referral sources and payors.
13. Maintain understanding of managed care contracts, insurance benefits, limitations, policies, procedures and forms.
14. Maintain yearly/biyearly requirements of CPR, Risk Management and Aggression Management.
15. Perform other duties as assigned.
Master's Degree in a health care field, or practice experience as approved by EPS Director.
Current professional license registration in Massachusetts. Previous emergency psychiatric experience with theoretical as well as practical knowledge of the clinical area.
Exhibits ability to be competent in the following areas:
1) Mental status exams and emergency assessments
2) Knowledge of admission procedures and protocols
3) Knowledge of managed care and other payors
4) De-escalation/Restraint Management
5) Effectively able to triage patients and make disposition decisions
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace as part of maintaining currency in profession.
Must be fluent in English (verbal and written).
Varies Scheduled Hours Per Diem
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number 142399 to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.