Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Cath Rad TechnologistApply Now Job ID 145284 Date posted 10/25/2017
Under supervision and while working with the cardiologist, operates radiology equipment during cardiac catheterizations in order to diagnose and quantify cardiac disorders. Serves as scrub or circulating assistant; performs physiologic monitoring during cath procedures.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Assists physician during cardiac catheterizations by operating radiology equipment, scrubbing and circulating.
2) Prepares cath lab and readiness radiographic film equipment, including camera, film processor, pressure injection and intra-aortic balloon pump to use during the procedures.
3) Sets up procedure site, opening up sterile packs and preparing instrument table and draping patient sterile sheets.
4) Monitors and assesses patients status during procedure; reports potential changes to registered nurse or physician.
5) Provides emotional support to the patient to reduce patients anxiety during catheterization.
6) Compiles patients test results and records in patient record.
7) Maintains equipment such as single plane catheterization lab, homodynamic monitoring equipment, pressure injectors, film processors, film viewers, defibrillators, hemachroms, omimeters, etc.; Keeps equipment in working order to ensure safe operation. Applies proper infection control cleaning procedures to equipment and lab.
8) Calibrates and troubleshoots all radiology equipment as needed.
9) Restocks lab for next days procedures, keeping supervisor apprised of needed supplies.
10) May assist on recording charges for provided services.
11) May assist during procedures performed in the electro-physiology lab.
12) Performs other related duties as required or assigned.
13) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
14) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
15) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
16) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
17) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
18) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
19) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
20) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Education: Successful completion of a two year accredited program in radiologic technology.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: Requires current Massachusetts license in RTR
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: Up to one year of cath lab experience preferred.
DAYS, 36hrs. On call 1:6 weekends 8am-12pm only. No week night call.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.