Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Cache Database AdministratorApply Now Job ID 143122 Date posted 11/13/2017
The Cache Database Administrator is responsible for the day to day activities associated with the optimal operation of all Epic Cache database systems and related technologies. This is a hands-on role with daily maintenance and tuning duties. Candidate will be required to attend Epic training to achieve Epic certification in Cache on UNIX.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Performs DBA activities associated with the design, deployment, use, control, monitoring, support, and performance of the Epic Cache database platform to ensure its optimum use within the organization.
- Institutes administration policies, procedures, techniques, and methodologies that enhance database support and provides optimum integrity, performance, and availability.
- Monitors and measures database performance.
- Develops and coordinates backup and recovery features that enhance database operation and availability as needed, without impacting database or application availability.
- Performs database error log analysis, troubleshoots problems and provides resolutions in a timely manner.
- Recommends system changes to improve performance, availability, and integrity.
- Evaluates and recommends where appropriate the procurement of tools and third-party solutions that enhance database support, availability, and performance.
- Suggests changes in programming techniques and methodologies to enhance database integrity, performance, and availability.
- Works with Epic project team staff to accommodate special application and database processing requirements.
- Assists with the formulation, documentation and publication of organizational standards governing database infrastructure design, use, control, monitoring, support, and performance. Ensures adherence to standards, rules, guidelines, and practices involving the same.
- Coordinates batch executions to accommodate nightly, weekly, and monthly application/database processing requirements.
- Assists the Epic project team staff with software releases as needed.
- Works with third-party vendors to assess monitoring, reporting, debugging, and performance enhancement tools and technologies and their usefulness to the Lahey operational environment.
- Assists with the evaluation, selection and integration of database tools and technologies. Makes recommendations where appropriate
- Performs system updates and upgrades as needed to maintain currency of vendor releases and does so in a timely manner.
- Publishes down-time requirements ahead of schedule and at an agreed-upon time so as to lessen impact on development staff.
- Assists in the administration of enterprise storage as needed. Identifies areas where changes in strategy or day-to-day operation will enhance application availability and user satisfaction. Makes recommendations where appropriate.
- Assists fulfilling administrative reporting requirements pertaining to database availability, performance and use. Informs the Manager of trends, problems or areas of concern requiring attention.
- Maintains a positive and cooperative working relationship with all departments to optimize communication and customer satisfaction.
- Is required to participate in a rotating on-call schedule supporting 24-hour, 7-day database operations.
- May assume duties of a higher level in preparation for increased responsibilities. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director or the Manager.
- Incorporates Lahey Health Guiding Principles , Mission Statement, and Goals into daily activities
- Complies with all Lahey Health Policies.
- Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: 4 year Bachelor in Science degree. In the absence of a Bachelors degree 8 years of experience in addition to the experience requirement listed below.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None required
Experience: Minimum 2 years experience in AIX/Linux/Unix administration
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- AIX, Linux, and/or Unix administration and shell scripting (ksh, bash, Perl, Python)
- Knowledge of SAN and NAS based storage management concepts and facilities.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills, and the ability to work with those of wide-ranging levels of expertise.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.