Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
BuyerApply Now Job ID 145529 Date posted 11/09/2017
Perform a variety of tasks associated with research, ordering and procurement of materials, supplies and equipment to support the Hospital mission of patient care. Ensure that critical supplies are available for needs of clinicians and administrative personnel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Process purchase requisitions from departments. Place order with suppliers who offer the most favorable prices consistent with quality, quantity, service and delivery time keeping to current GPO compliance using a variety of methods (phone, fax, GHX, scan). Process confirmations to ensure accuracy of pricing information. Monitor vendor back orders and expedite orders when necessary and communicate back order issues to departments.
2. Perform necessary follow-up activities to ensure delivery time frames are met. Research alternate products and recommend substitutes where improved delivery will be realized.
3. Utilize effective purchasing techniques to reduce overall costs including researching alternate vendors and/or products.
4. Maintain collaborative relationships with supply vendors and manufacturer?s representatives to stay current on product development and to determine products that could potentially reduce costs.
5. Handle adjustments with vendors involving short shipments, replacement of defective items or return of incorrectly ordered merchandise.
6. Utilize available tools such as GHX and Premier Supply Chain Advisor to ensure accuracy of product pricing. Collaborate with Supply Chain Analyst and MMIS Administrators to maintain accuracy of item master information, notifying them of necessary changes.
7. Collaborate with Receiving and Accounts Payable to settle issues. Resolve pricing disputes when necessary.
8. Communicate, confer and interface with hospital departments to assist in identifying products that meet their needs. Provide exemplary customer service.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities.
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High School Diploma
Licensure, Certification & Registration: none
Experience: 2 years previous experience in supply chain activities, preferably in a medical setting
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
Microsoft Office skills
Ability to communicate issues clearly and concisely
Strong organizational skills
Ability to set and adjust priorities and handle emergency situations
About Lahey Health
The Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.