Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Associate Director, PhilanthropyApply Now Job ID 144519 Date posted 10/19/2017
Under the supervision of the Director, Individual Philanthropy, the Associate Director collaborates with colleagues as well as Philanthropy, Clinical and Executive leadership to ensure the fundraising success of Lahey Health and its affiliate institutions. The Associate Director cultivates, solicits and stewards donor and prospective donor portfolios in order to meet articulated annual and multi-year fundraising goals. Must have a passion for Lahey Health?s tri-part healthcare, clinical research and medical education mission.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Cultivates, solicits, and closes gifts from individual donors through direct personal visits
2. Stewards a select number of planned giving donors as well as encourages them to consider additional gifts
3. Staffs one or more clinical ?beats?, establishing relationships with key physicians and other clinician to advance the Grateful Patient Program
4. Develops and manages a personal portfolio of gift prospects and donors; works in consultation with the Director, medical and nursing staff, and key administration and volunteer leaders to conceptualize and implement engagement and solicitation strategies
5. Works to ensure strategies exist for the inclusion or exclusion of prospects and donors from annual appeal or pledge reminder mailings. Takes personal responsibility for the solicitation and acquisition of an annual gift from every individual in the assigned portfolio of donors and prospective donors
6. Assists the Director in advancing the integration of Winchester Hospital, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center, Beverly Hospital and other affiliate fundraising programs, with the goal of unifying strategies, planning, goal setting, leadership and messaging across units.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Health Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Health Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
Comply with all Lahey Health Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Health.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree Required
Licensure, Certification & Registration:
Experience: Minimum of five years of experience soliciting annual or major gifts and meeting quantified individual and team goals as part of a development department within a hospital or related non-profit organization. Or 10+ years of business development experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong organizational and fundraising skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively with donors, volunteers, and colleagues
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Willingness to work some evenings and weekends, as required.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; and to strive for continuous personal and team performance so as to enhance overall organizational performance, quality and professionalism
- Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations.
- A solid understanding of annual fund programs and institutional development more broadly
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.