Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Associate Director, Affinity ProgramsApply Now Job ID 145516 Date posted 11/07/2017
The Associate Director, Affinity Programs directs fundraising and stewardship activities system-wide to encourage and engage nearly 15,000 constituents in support of philanthropy for Lahey Health. Works closely with individual and corporate fundraisers as well as the Directors of Philanthropy Communications, Special Events, Records and Gift Administration and Stewardship to coordinate all messaging and programmatic efforts. Responsible for managing and growing the annual Lahey Health 5K Cancer Walk & Run. Also responsible for managing all fundraising aspects of colleague and affinity related programs including Women?s Leadership Council, Dr. Lahey Society, Alumni and Emeritus Associations and medical staff initiatives.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Women?s Leadership Council ? Provide staff support and strategic fundraising guidance to the Women?s Leadership Council at LHMC. Partner with the Director of Special Events to execute the highly visible and successful Ladies Night Out annual fundraising event.
2. 5K Cancer Walk and Run ? Manage and grow Lahey?s signature fundraising event. Responsible for all fundraising aspects of the event to include committee management, communications, promotional efforts, recruitment of participants. Provide guidance to race participants on fundraising strategy, team building and race preparation and training on team raiser platform. Works closely with philanthropy operations on logistics and program content.
3. Donor Recognition Societies (i.e. Doctor Lahey Society) ? Day-to-day management of current giving societies including solicitation, stewardship and events for all affiliates.
4. Alumni and Emeritus Associations ? Key liaison providing staff support for these Lahey Hospital and Medical Center organizations including annual fund raising, stewardship and event planning. Work with the Director to develop and maintain a web-page and produce a semi-annual newsletter.
5. Staff other affiliate volunteer fundraising groups, coordinating their activities within the framework of the Lahey Health Special Events calendar.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor?s Degree
Licensure, Certification & Registration: None
3 - 5 years of fund raising experience from annual solicitations, including telephone and direct mail efforts as well as large scale cause marketing events. Proven track record of meeting goals. Experience in implementing giving programs and developing successful strategies. Experience managing and engaging volunteer committees.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
? Demonstrated organizational and communication skills as well as ability to work with and motivate other development professionals and volunteers. Excellent skill and understanding of computer and constituent software required.
? Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
? Willingness to work some nights and weekends, as required.
? Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support cooperation, collaboration and the sharing of information while providing the best quality product available and continuously upgrade standards to maintain quality, in all areas of responsibility.
? Understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations and peer-to-peer fundraising
? Ability to manage several projects simultaneously
? Strong interpersonal skills
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.How To ApplyThe Lahey Model of Care?right care, right time, right place?is exactly what patients, providers and payers need and deserve. Identifying and delivering on this convergence of interests has positioned Lahey Health for further growth. Our model ensures care is highly coordinated and locally delivered, with lower costs and exceptional quality.
Lahey Health is a robust, regional system including a teaching hospital, community hospitals, primary care providers, specialists, behavioral and home health services, skilled nursing and rehabilitation facilities, and senior care resources throughout northeastern Massachusetts and southern New Hampshire. The system has a global presence with programs in Canada, Jordan and Bermuda.