Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Applications Systems Engineer IIIApply Now Job ID 144521 Date posted 12/13/2017
Under moderate supervision from the IS Applications Manager, works with a team of Applications Systems Analysts and Applications Systems Engineers to perform a variety of IT tasks. The tasks include partnering with end-users on system related projects, producing technical specifications, producing high quality computer programming code, adhering to IT system change management processes, completing system and volume tests, troubleshooting/supporting existing production systems, leading and/or participating in system upgrades, and leading and/or participating in new installations. In addition to working on Lahey Hospital and Medical Center?s mission-critical enterprise and departmental systems, projects/installations may encompass work on the Lahey Health Systems initiatives across affiliations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Delivers high quality computer programming code and assigned work within appropriate timeframes.
2. May work with the user community to develop functional business requirements that adhere to standard IT Project Methodology.
3. Produces technical specifications, data conversion, and/or mapping criteria as determined for assigned projects from which programs will be written. May include cross-team coordination and cooperation within the AD Dept. of IS.
4. Utilizes computer programming skills in the development and support of high quality code within established coding standards. Develops and maintains associated technical documentation. Conducts unit testing. May participate in the development and execution of user test plans.
5. Provides user support during the implementation of new systems. Possesses full knowledge of system design, coding, testing, debugging, and documentation.
6. Supports assigned production environments: troubleshoots technical application issues, documents and manages incoming requests whether handled internally in IS or with a vendor. Understands the interdependencies and internal workings of assigned systems. Also, provides back-up support for other team members as needed.
7. Participates in on-call (rotating) coverage.
8. Provides training and mentoring to other team members.
9. May produce and /or maintain project plans. (Projects evolve from medium to large and moderate to difficult.) Facilitates activities to insure that project milestones and deadlines are met. Manages and tracks to milestone schedules and deliverables. Reports on status of projects.
10. Participates in ongoing system, technical, and industry related classes and seminars.
Project Management Responsibilities
1. Adhere to the IT PMO?s defined project management methodology, tools and templates and apply them to assigned projects
2. Identify project scope, project completion criteria and project implementation/execution approach. Partner with business sponsor to create project business case, cost-benefit assessment and project concept document
3. Prepare project definition document and obtain management approval of the project definition document
4. Assure that all project team members understand their roles and accept their responsibilities
5. Apply project resources according to the approved project plan
6. Negotiate the performance of activities with team members and their managers
7. Analyze risk and implement risk mitigation activities. Establish contingency plans and identify trigger events and responsibility for initiating corrective action
8. Track and manage project issues and report on progress to plan
9. Analyze the actual performance against the plan and make adjustments consistent with plan objectives
10. Keep all stakeholders informed of progress, issues, and risks which includes routine status reporting
11. Involve functional expertise in design reviews and key decisions as well as risk mitigation strategies
12. Assure timely adaptive action is taken
13. Manage project change to preserve business case commitments. Initiate change management process if objectives must change.
14. Establish and publish clear priorities and interdependencies among project activities
15. Coordinate management and technical decisions
16. Arbitrate and resolve conflict and interface problems within the project
17. Provide input on the performance of project team members to their supervisors, project sponsor and IT PMO
18. Maintain the project Risks, Issues, Assumptions, Dependencies, and Decision Logs
Maintain strict adherence to the Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Confidentiality policy.
Incorporate Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Standards of Behavior and Guiding Principles into daily activities
Comply with all Lahey Hospital and Medical Center Policies.
Comply with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Hospital and Medical Center.
Maintain courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
Demonstrate an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
Demonstrate a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
Participate in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
Participate in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
Perform all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: A Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Business, or related field. In the absence of a Bachelor?s Degree, 8 years in addition to the experience shown below.
Licensure, Certification & Registration: N/A
Experience: 5 years proven experience working in an Information Services Dept. or software vendor organization within the healthcare industry
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Solid technical diagnostic and programming skills. Excellent communications skills (written and oral), presentation skills, interpersonal skills, project management skills,. Working knowledge of the IS System Lifecycle. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of products.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.