Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Tumor Registrar, Oncology, per diemApply Now Job ID 142790 Date posted 04/14/2017
According to established objectives and procedures, codes and abstracts tumor data, coordinates follow-up on cancer patients in accordance with the requirements and standards of the American College of Surgeons (ACoS) and the Massachusetts Cancer Registry; performs long and short term audits. Is an active member of the Cancer Committee and attends cancer conferences.
1. High School diploma required; Associate/Bachelors degree preferred
2. Minimum of one year Cancer Registry experience as a Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR)
3. Understanding of Medical Terminology, Clinical Medicine and Human Anatomy & Physiology
4. Excellent communication/interpersonal skills
5. Strong organizational skills and demonstrates the ability to function independently and oversee department activities and staff.
6. Basic Computer experience and comfort required.
7. Knowledge of JCAHO, DPH and ACoS documentation regulations and general Medical Staff bylaws and department documentation standards.
8. Knowledge of laws and regulations pertaining to patient confidentiality, HIPAA.
9. Records relevant information pertaining to abstracting per ACoS CoC requirements.
10. Assists in maintenance of the cancer registry software system.
11. Attends educational meetings as required to maintain certification.
Experienced and current Certified Tumor Registrar - CTR; Epic and Metriq experience required. Remote work option Scheduled Hours Per diem, hours assigned as needed. M-F
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.