Search Our Jobs
As a health care organization, Lahey Hospital and Medical Center is committed to providing high quality, safe patient care. As an employer, Lahey is committed to ensuring a professional environment where every staff member is encouraged to excel. With a team approach to care, physicians and nurses at Lahey work side-by-side with allied health professionals, medical technologists, and administrative and support staff to deliver on our mission. Lahey encourages learning and growth at all levels, and we offer competitive salaries and benefits.
Executive Assistant/Full-Time-Danvers MAApply Now Job ID 145203 Date posted 10/17/2017
This position will support the COO of Primary Care as well as several other executives.
Administrative Assistant to Chief Operating Officer/Full-Time
Position Summary: Under indirect supervision and exercising independent judgment and decision making within the scope of the job, provides administrative, project, and executive support to the office of a Chief Operations Officer. Oversees and coordinates the day-to-day activities of the Primary Care Administrative office, and serves as the principle point of administrative contact and liaison with internal and external constituencies. This position functions as the gatekeeper to the Chief Operating Officer, and is empowered to control access to and maintain their internal and external professional schedule(s). Has occasion to work with highly confidential strategic, financial and staff information. Performs a variety of administrative tasks in support of the larger activity Lahey Health Primary Care. May provide specialist services in the areas of budget and fiscal management, public and community relations, and/or general business administration, depending upon the functional area supported.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1. Provides assistance and support to the office principal in problem solving, project planning and management, and development and execution of stated goals and objectives. Oversees and administers the day-to-day activities of the Primary Care Administrative office; develops office policies, procedures, and systems which ensure productive and efficient office operation. Establishes and maintains office systems. Maintains and monitors relevant computerized systems/databases. Monitors and maintains all rosters and department/divisional lists. Oversees the operation of office accounts, and plans and monitors expenditures. Monitors department/divisional budget. Develops and maintains budget log and reports to the Chief Operating Officer on status and variances, and works to resolve discrepancies.
2. Serves as the primary point of administrative contact and liaison with other offices, individuals, and institutions; organizes and facilitates meetings, conferences, and other special events; coordinates and attends committee meetings, and participates in committee discussions, as appropriate.
3. Is empowered to allow or deny access to the Chief Operating Officer, and to maintain and adjust their internal and external professional schedules. Screens all incoming phone calls, inquiries, visitors and correspondence, and routes accordingly. Alerts the Chief Operating Officer to changes in schedule, and plans ahead for contingencies. Coordinates meetings as required, including securing meeting space, notifying attendees, arranging for audio-visual resources, and tracking attendance. Makes travel and lodging arrangements for the Chief Operating Officer. Accesses or otherwise keeps abreast of the schedules of Managers and Directors in the Functional Unit.
4. On a need to know basis has routine exposure and access to highly confidential information related to division budget, strategic plans, and confidential staff and leadership information. Processes paperwork and maintains staff files that may include payroll data, time away, performance ratings, and documented disciplinary action.
5. Oversees and facilitates administration procedures and documentation for the Primary Care Administrative office.
6. Performs research and analysis on specific issues, as required, and independently prepares non-routine letters and/or reports, which may be highly sensitive and confidential in nature.
7. Assists in the coordination, supervision, and completion of special projects, as appropriate.
8. Provides and/or oversees the provision of direct staff support to the office principal, to include greeting and assisting visitors, handling phone calls and inquiries, scheduling and maintaining calendars and travel arrangements, screening, analyzing, and preparing responses to incoming correspondence, handling day-to-day public relations and problem solving. Composes, edits, and proofreads a variety of correspondence, reports, and forms. Effectively utilizes PowerPoint and/or other presentation software to assist with the creation and editing of presentations.
9. Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
10. Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
11. Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
12. Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
13. Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
14. Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
15. Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
16. Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
17. Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Associates Degree or equivalent.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None required.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities. Ability to make administrative and procedural decisions and judgments on sensitive, confidential issues. Ability to foster a cooperative work environment. Records maintenance skills. Superior MS Office skills Ability to plan, develop, and coordinate multiple projects. Organizing and coordinating skills. Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management. Ability to analyze and solve problems. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community. Knowledge of general accounting principles. Effective oral and written communication skills. Skills in the use of database management, word processing, spreadsheet, and/or presentation software. Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports. Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures. Knowledge of administrative policies and procedures as applied to healthcare institutions. Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart confidential information. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: 5+ years experience administrative assistant to a manager, director, department chair, or other leader.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.