Search Our Jobs
Nurse Manager - Ambulatory Surgery CenterJob ID 18-473 Date posted 04/22/2018
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital's mission by being responsible for the patient care/nursing unit(s) or departments. As a member of the Hospital's leadership team provides day-to-day supervision to guide staff toward achieving the Hospital's success factor goals and their areas' associated initiatives and goals. This licensed Registered Nurse/leadership position will impact patient care and satisfaction and operational efficiency.
• Bachelor's degree in Nursing and must obtain Masters degree within 5 years of hire.
• Either the Bachelor's or Masters degree must be in Nursing.
• Master's degree upon hire
• At least five years of work experience as a nurse, with at least two years being in clinical experience relevant to the unit's patient population.
Center for Cancer Care - Oncology: At least five years of work experience as a nurse with at least 3 years of outpatient nursing experience focused on Hematology/Oncology population.
Wound Healing and Hyperbaric Center: At least five years of work experience as a nurse with at least 2 years of outpatient nursing experience in a hospital ambulatory setting.
• One year supervisory experience
• Experience with budget management
• For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
• Demonstrated ability to lead and/or be in charge.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills
• Knowledge of JCAHO standards, safety, infection control, and quality control standards
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Required: Current license to practice professional nursing from Massachusetts Board of Registration
• Membership in a professional and leadership organization
• Certification in Clinical specialty
LIFE SUPPORT CERTIFICATION REQUIRED: Basic Life Support certification & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)