Search Our Jobs
Clinical Nurse/39 Hours-HamiltonJob ID 147581 Date posted 04/22/2018
Position Summary: Under the supervision of the Site Manager, performs patient triage and has patient care responsibilities in support of multiple health care providers. Performs clinical, technical and clerical duties to insure quality patient care is provided.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Receive patients calls, assess/triage patients' medical concerns or needs , route calls to providers, and/or handle calls within scope of authority.
2) Take detailed messages for providers, make follow-up telephone calls to patients with information or providers instructions (i.e. normal and abnormal test results and test preparations.)
3) Give routine injections and immunizations, perform finger stick and venipuncture phlebotomy and dipstick urinalysis. Provide backup support to phlebotomists.
4) Take patient vitals, patient histories, and record in patients charts.
5) Provide patient guidelines and education regarding all aspects of related health care.
6) Prepare patients for procedures and assist providers with procedures in treatment room (i.e. sigmoidoscopies, pelvic examinations, wart removal, dressing changes and surgical procedures.)
7) Manage patient flow, escort patients to exam rooms, take and record patient vitals and patient histories.
8) Insure all necessary paperwork is signed by parent or guardian, when applicable.
9) Document all school and camp medical forms and return to proper order, when applicable.
10) Perform electrocardiograms, holter monitor, spirometries and process and prepare basic labs and routine tests.
11) Perform housekeeping, handling hazardous waste, and keep exam rooms, medication sample closet and crash cart fully stocked. Sterilize and maintain instruments using autoclave equipment. Order medical supplies as needed.
12) Keep medication sample closet organized and maintains locked status at all times. Replenishes medication samples and purges outdated medications.
13) Document and process encounter forms, laboratory requisitions, state supplied injections and all necessary paperwork.
14) Orders durable medical equipment as requested by Provider.
15) Call in prescriptions to pharmacy.
16) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
17) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
18) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
19) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
20) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
21) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
22) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
23) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
24) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse program.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: LPN or RN licensed to practice in state of Massachusetts. Must maintain BLS certification.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: . Excellent communication skills to effectively educate and assist patients and interface with providers and office staff. Ability to make sound decisions under pressure and respond to emergency situations. Demonstrated ability to handle confidential material. Must have organizational skills and ability to follow through with tasks. In the absence of any of these skills, demonstrates the ability to be thoroughly trained to meet organizational standards.
Experience: One to two years office nursing experience, with strong triage skills
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.