Search Our Jobs
HIM Clerk - Manchester, MA / Per DiemJob ID 146883 Date posted 04/22/2018
Position Summary: Performs clerical tasks to support the processing and maintenance of accurate health information records. Performs duties supporting the conversion of non-electronic information to the electronic document management system.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
1) Sorts incoming mail in terminal digit order..
2) Prepare and print patient encounter forms, requisitions and appropriate visit specific ECMS forms for scheduled patients and patient add-ons.
3) Process APS and legal requests, release medical records to requesting parties; obtain notarization and certify documents when necessary.
4) Perform routine clerical duties including copying, faxing, collating, processing daily mail, light typing, stamping of outgoing mail. Files ancillary testing in paper chart after provider verification.
5) Directs incoming mail for distribution within the Data Completion or Document Scanning areas.
6) Utilizes computer systems, including LCMC and IDX, to identify missing clinic numbers.
7) Scans medical, administrative and legal documents in medical records appropriately.
8) Assists in maintaining files sections and perform files maintenance as necessary.
9) Creates new patient records when necessary.
10) Request files from outside storage in order to match paperwork.
11) Assists medical staff in locating paperwork when necessary.
12) Maintains HIM printer and communicates problems when necessary.
13) Prepares and analyzes documents for scanning, including data validation, form validation and quality improvement activities.
14) Prepares batches of documents for scanning into the electronic document management system; removing staples, clips and insuring the pages are easily separated.
15) Scans health record documents into the electronic document management systems.
16) Monitors the scan process for misfeeds, addressing problems in a timely manner, minimizing interruptions in productivity.
17) Verifies the quality and accuracy of the scans according to Departmental procedures and communicate any variances to supervisor.
18) Performs routine maintenance of scanning equipment according to Departmental procedures and vendor specifications. Troubleshoot scanners and monitors daily usage of equipment. Calibrates the scanner for proper image quality.
19) Once initial quality review has been completed, transfer paper copy for shredding, purging and/or filing into the patient files.
20) Verify and match appropriate batch number to patient medical record.
21) Rescan or check and correct any Index exceptions that need to be rescanned or require improved quality.
22) Verify all patient information against scanned document and correct as needed.
23) Confirms scanned images are reconciled with scanned documents.
24) Reviews electronic images within the batch to confirm image quality, order and appropriate rotation.
25) Reviews images to determine the need to enhance images for clarity; including verification of designated data set.
26) Demonstrates the ability to search stored documents using defined search criteria.
28) Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles , Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
29) Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
30) Complies with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
31) Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
32) Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
33) Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
34) Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
35) Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
36) Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Licensure, Certification, Registration: None
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities: Must be highly organized, detail oriented, able to handle high volume paperwork in a fast paced environment. Working knowledge of medical terminology and office procedures.
Experience: Six months general office experience.
About Lahey Health
At Lahey Hospital & Medical Center, as one of the world's premier health care organizations, we provide superior health care leading to the best possible outcome for every patient. We exceed our patients' high expectations for service each day. We also help advance medicine through research and the education of tomorrow's health care leaders
We care for our patients with compassion and openness, unsurpassed expertise, a drive for continuous learning improvement, and with respect, caring, teamwork, excellence and commitment to doing our personal best.
Join our team and our mission of excellence by applying today!
How To Apply
Please apply directly online at http://www.laheyhealth.org/engage-with-us/careers. Use the Job ID number to quickly locate the appropriate job listing. Once you have located the desired job, click on the checkbox in the 'Select' column, and then click the 'Apply Now' button, located at the bottom of the screen. Please note you are only able to select 5 jobs at a time.
Lahey Colleagues please apply directly through Colleague Connection using your Login and Password.