Search Our Jobs
Triage Mental Health Counselor, SalemJob ID 147294 Date posted 04/22/2018
Under the direction of the Master's Level Triage Clinician, contributes to the smooth function of the ESP by serving as the person triaging calls and prioritizing the use of clinicians and other resources. Serves as liaison with related systems and provides supportive and informational communication with persons served.
1.Under the direction of the Master's Level Triage clinician, provides procedural direction and support to crisis clinicians by phone and/or face as needed.
2. Answers phones, provides initial phone assessment.
3. Maintains awareness of/monitors activity of active and pending cases.
4. Utilizes staffing patterns during shift to maximize response to consumer need.
5. Provides assistance to clinicians with bed searches, insurance verifications/authorizations, resource and system knowledge sharing.
6. Serves as primary liaison between the organization and other providers such as hospital emergency rooms to ensure quality of care.
7. Acts as a conduit for the flow of information regarding programmatic updates and clinical procedural alerts.
8. Accesses administrator on call when needed.
9. Collects and records data and statistics for various reporting needs of the program, including triage log on computer.
10. Provides feedback to Program Director regarding issues effecting shift performance.
11. Other related duties as assigned.
Bachelor degree required. Degree in psychology or related field preferred.
Demonstrates a positive demeanor that allows for respectful and courteous interaction with all external and internal customers. Works cooperatively and effectively with others with ability to adapt to changes in the workplace. Stays current with maintaining professional status. Must be able to answer phones and hear and communicate fluently with English speaking callers. Must be able to key into computer. Must be able to read documentation and computer entries.
16 hours, part-time
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.